Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Veggie Garden

Jorge and I have lived in the same house for almost 15 years. Built in 1914, it is old, but charming, and I love working on it. It has just enough space to manage a garden. Up until this year I've only planted perennials. Now, in the faces of the hundreds of squirrels that live in the tree in our yard - vegetables. I found a sunny spot in the yard to built some raised beds. This was an incredibly easy looking, yet difficult project. Thanks again to Pinterest, I found another DIY project to build some fencing around the boxes. This was SO much harder than it looked. Oh my goodness. Some tips if you ever plan to work with chicken wire: wear gloves. Since it is cheaper than the hardware cloth, I chose the chicken wire. Not a great choice, but it's done and it keeps the squirrels out.

No comments:

Post a Comment